5/3/10

Our Story

Our Story
Hi! I'm Danielle.  I have enjoyed crafting and creating as long as I can remember. As a youngster, my Grandmother would allow me to rearrange the entire living area into a card shop where I displayed cards I personally created. She would proudly shop at my store offering words of encouragement that have turned out to be inspirational. My other Grandmother would send boxes of odds and ends she considered crafts and I remember pondering over her items she so neatly wrapped. Today, my daughters receive these unique packages. Recently we received a box of fabric squares, pipe cleaners, and empty spools of thread. I know, I know, what do we do with such treasures? Well, let us just say she has genuinely inspired our creativity.

My love for crafting and creating combined with my fascination of the business world and entrepreneurship has resulted in our venture, Presents from Alex.

In 2005, my Dad gave me a sewing machine for Christmas. Over the years, I made a few blankets and a couple pillows. In 2009, my daughter, Rachel received a special present from a classmate, Alex. A HEADBAND! She fell in love with that headband and sweetly asked," Mommy, can you make me more headbands?" I did.

This is a flourishing hobby based on the love and support of my family and friends. My husband is my #1 fan and my best friend. He enjoys family, mountain biking, animals, and a good breakfast. My daughters, oh they are so cool when they take on roles such as quality control and photographer. Rachel inspects, critiques, and offers her design advice. She loves school, painting, collecting snails, and eating pizza. Reagan enjoys taking pictures of our products with our dog, Zie. She loves watermelon, the outdoors, and being silly. As for me, I love spending time with my family, wearing flip flops, talking to my Mom, listening to my favorite song,"There is a Reason" by Caedmon's Call, and Mother's Day when I can enjoy an Izze with a Twizzlers straw. Finally, our family and friends are treasured blessings. It is their love and support that have turned our venture into a story.
To be continued . . . subscribe to our blog, the story of our family business venture.

0 comments:

Post a Comment